- Enhanced ductile performance
High carbon metallic fibers, stainless fibers, poly-vinyl alcohol (PVA) fibers or glass fibers lend Ductal® its unique ability to withstand deformation and support flexural and tensile loads even after initial cracking. As every project is different, we can customize the fiber and chemical formulations according to your needs. Ductal® can be adapted to requirements concerning strength and rheology, exposure to corrosive agents, aesthetic design and exposure to human contact..
- Very low porosity
We have optimized Ductal®’s matrix, fibers and admixtures to create maximum compactness and a small, disconnected pore-structure. The result of the combination of fine powders chosen for their relative grain size and chemical reactivity is a cement-based granulometric matrix that is highly resistant to carbonation and penetration from chlorides, acids and sulphates.
- Improved toughness and bond control
Ductal®’s microstructural properties strengthen the bond between the matrix and fiber resulting in a material that has increased load bearing capabilities, and requires less maintenance over an increased life-span.
Ductal® makes the construction process easier: it is designed to suit prestressed applications, removes the requirement for reinforcing steel (longitudinal rebars and stirrups) and can be used as a self-placing or sprayed material.
- Granular material with a diameter of less than 1 mm.
- Highly reduced water-cement ratio (between 0.19 and 0.28).
- High fiber content and isotropic dispersion come from the elimination of coarse aggregates, Ductal®’s granular gradation and its fiber aspect ratio.